Role of clinical pharmacist:
- Conduct medication review clinics to discuss your medication in depth, optimise and synchronise medication.
- Resolve medicine issues and provide advice.
- Check medication changes following a hospital admission, and ensure patients receive the medicines they need following discharge.
- Prescribing within areas of competence (for Independent Prescribers).
- Home visits available if needed.
- Management of repeat prescribing process to improve access to medicines.
By having a pharmacist on our team, we aim to reduce waiting times for appointments, improve patient health outcomes, improve screening and diagnosis of chronic and common ailments, reduce A&E admissions and attendances, reduce medicines wastage, and overall, improve patient safety regarding use of medicines.
If you would like to discuss your medications or book an appointment for a medication review please call reception. You will be booked in with our Practice Clinical Pharmacist at the earliest opportunity.
You should attend for a medication review every 12 months with the Practice Clinical Pharmacist so that we can ensure that you are getting the most from your medications. Ask at reception when your next review is due.
Easy Read Leaflet